Re: Math, was: PRO's/Time/Attendance

Subject: Re: Math, was: PRO's/Time/Attendance
From: "Mark J. Andy" <marka@telerama.com>
Date: Sun, 7 Jan 2001 12:25:40 -0500 (EST)
Howdy,

On Sun, 7 Jan 2001, Murray, Matthew D. wrote:
> Thursday, Friday, and Monday, that adds up to
> three (or at least I thought it did). :^)

No, no.  You leave Thursday after work (with any luck you can make this a
little earlier than normal).  You can drive say 20 to 24 hours (install a
co-driver if you're a wus), register, maybe do a practice start, then
collapse.  Leave after the event, you'll have to take Monday off if you're
more than 12 hours away.

If you're _really_ cramped on time and the event is 12 hours or so away,
then leave Friday night, drive all night, do the late registration thing
Sat.  Then leave Sun. after your runs/work (its sometimes good _not_ to
make the challenge... :-) drive all night, go to work.

That one's not as recommended though, because you'll be competing tired.

Mark