Re: Making the SCCA Into Something It Is Not

To: Paul Foster <pfoster@gdi.net>, wheeltowheel@wheeltowheel.com,
Subject: Re: Making the SCCA Into Something It Is Not
From: Bob Monday <boysrus_racing@yahoo.com>
Date: Fri, 8 Dec 2000 15:15:32 -0800 (PST)
How about a chit good for a free regional autocross (or rally)
presented by the host region? Probably less expensive than that
"chicken leg & beans" box lunch usually provided!

What's this? You got a can coolie too?

It would also connect some value of these non-racing SCCA members to
the road racers...

Bob Monday

--- Paul Foster <pfoster@gdi.net> wrote:
<snip>
> And here's the real kicker. We have a hardcore, loyal cadre of
> volunteers
> that must be there for any club race to occur. And we make them pay
> the same
> dues as we charge the participants. This must stop. We are losing
> volunteers
> over time. We need to attract them back. Giving them free dues or
> giving
> them a chit for each event they work they can redeem towards free
> dues would
> go a long way to make that happen.
<snip>