kinda OT Kumho rally tires on Tire rack!!!!

To: "Autox@Autox. Team. Net" <autox@autox.team.net>
Subject: kinda OT Kumho rally tires on Tire rack!!!!
From: "Jeff Lloyd" <Jeff@cyberconceptz.com>
Date: Fri, 8 Dec 2000 02:50:52 -0500
Way to go Kumho, not only are they really pushing motorsports here in
America, but being the first rally tire to be marketed through tire rack,
and at 1/2 the price of the Michelin or silverstones, I know this might not
be the best forum to ask, but I was wondering if a set of these could be
thrown on A car for deep snow,however I have been getting very sketchy
information on weather it will work, some people say yes some no.

now they are a very different tread design from the michelins that are
rumored to get clogged with snow.
also others have said it's because of the sidewall being VERY stiff why they
don't do well on snow.
any yet others say it's the compound not working.

it would be wonderful if we could run these as snow tires, anyone? ideas?
thoughts? comments?

here is the link
http://www.tirerack.com/tires/kumho/ku_r700.jsp

Thanks