Stock class restrictions (was WRX)

To: autox@autox.team.net
Subject: Stock class restrictions (was WRX)
From: "Jeff Winchell" <Jeff@Winchell.Com>
Date: Tue, 5 Dec 2000 22:49:31 -0800
>My "deal" is that if someone(without "special" credentials like a "race"
>license/Cobra R) can buy it...then it should be at least in a "stock" class.

FWIW, the 95 Cobra R "racing license" rule wasn't really enforced, and
it doesn't exist on the '00 Cobra R.

The concept of a bone stock 95 Cobra R actually being competitive in
any stock class including SS (where it's not allowed), or ESP is about as
silly as the Camaro SS or WS6 that was stuck in SS. And a lot fewer
WS6s were built than Cobra Rs. But basically few people cared, so I
guess there never was a successful petition to get the 95 Cobra R
properly classified in stock. I'd guess the same thing will be true with the
'00 Cobra R.