Older ponycars in ESP

To: autox@autox.team.net
Subject: Older ponycars in ESP
From: "Jeff Winchell" <Jeff@WINCHELL.COM>
Date: Mon, 30 Oct 2000 23:31:32 -0800
If you want to petition the SEB to move 60's ponycars out of ESP, I'll
support it. Unfortunately, FSP is nearly as slow as ESP, and it may be
the case that 60's ponycars wouldn't be competitive there either.

From:                   "Maraglia, Dominic" <Dominic.Maraglia@nike.com>
Date sent:              Mon, 30 Oct 2000 12:02:10 -0800

I have been lurking on the list here for awhile and reading the "M3 in ESP
complaints" for sometime now.  I am not really sure if ESP is the right
place for the M3; however, I think the M3 is not any more misclassified then
many other cars.
For example, in '96-97 I ran my '67 Mustang in ESP -- while my car was not
prepared to the full extent of ESP rules, it was far more prepared than many
nearly stock '96-'97Camaro's, and AWD Talons.  My car was hopelessly
outclassed by these newer cars -- 5.7 liter injected, 350 hp, 6 speed
tranmissions, huge tire capacities, modern brakes, steering, suspension,
etc.