Re: [StreetTouring] Re: STS Tire Rules

To: streettouring <streettouring@egroups.com>
Subject: Re: [StreetTouring] Re: STS Tire Rules
From: David Hillman <hillman@planet-torque.com>
Date: Mon, 30 Oct 2000 09:31:19 -0500 (EST)
On Sun, 29 Oct 2000, Chris and Deb Shenefield wrote:
> But, let's figure out how to resolve this because ST classes are the
> best thing Solo2 has seen for awhile.

   I'm a bit behind on my mail, so if this is a repeat, I apologise.

   Why won't the following work?

   Select a few tires available in a wide range of sizes, and make an
inclusion list.  Tiremakers might even *want* to be part of this, I'd be
amazed if Kumho didn't jump at the chance.  Maybe BFG too, since they
aren't making DOT R tires anymore.

   Obviously, tiremakers could cheat, just like they can now.  I think the
difference in gains-by-cheating versus S & SP is offset by the difference
in population.

   FWIW, I have never seen a club-level tire ad that bragged about winning
one class.  Almost universally, they are of the form, x out of x winners
used our tires.

   If a new autocrosser shows up at a local event with non-included tires,
the local Region can always make an exception, and allow them to run those
tires, until they cord, or they win.

   Why can't this work?

--
 D a v i d  H i l l m a n