Re: Letter to SEB / ESP

To: "Autox" <autox@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: Letter to SEB / ESP
From: "David Green" <talon95@kscable.com>
Date: Wed, 25 Oct 2000 17:59:44 -0500
That just isn't a fair comparison though.  Brian's car is still a completely
loaded street car (even has power leather seats).  His car doesn't have
the developement time or possibly $$$ spent (dunno how much
Mark has really spent, so possibly).  Also, all of the DSM guys are
still developing their cars.  None of us have the developement time
that the pony cars have.  Then there's also the fact that Brian is
still fairly new at this sport and is very likely still developing as
a driver.

I really don't feel like debating this any longer.  Although, I would also
like
to know what basis was used for moving the M3 to ESP.  Bob was fairly
competitive in CSP in past years.  How often do cars get moved when
one or more people are trophying in them??  Can someone think
of an example??  Just curious.

In reading all the posts on this list and the ones on the evolution list, I
get
the feeling that the SEB feels the M3 is a good fit for ESP due to the type
of car it is (foreign pony car) and that the move was based on this.  Also,
if the M3 turns out to be a better car for the class, then that's ok.  A
sort
of natural selection for cars I guess. ;-)  We see this all the time in the
stock
classes as new cars come out and become dominant in a particular class.
I'm neither agreeing nor disagreeing with the above, but is simply an
impression I've gotten over the past few months.  For those in the know,
is this correct, or am I just way off in left field???  Bash me all you
like, I'm not very sensitive......

I will say that I believe the M3 is the fastest car is ESP.  If I only
had $40k.......  :-)

Dave G.
'95 Talon Tsi

> I just want you to look at the differential between 1st and 2nd place in
ESP