RE: fire suits

To: "'autox'" <autox@autox.team.net>,
Subject: RE: fire suits
From: "Bruce Haden" <Bhaden@ucsd.edu>
Date: Tue, 17 Oct 2000 09:27:15 -0700
YEARS ago I saw a rather unscientific test in a motorcycle mag of
leather suits vs denim and various other things. Leather isn't nearly
the wonderful skin protector we all think it to be. Kinda like we
have all thought hay bales made good barriers on race courses until
we hit one or saw the results of a hit. Modern high strength fibers
offer better cut/slash/gouge protection than leather could dream of.
That's what bullet resistant vest are made of; Kevlar and stuff like it.