Re: [F500] Checker Flag - Howell Jones]

To: <autox@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: [F500] Checker Flag - Howell Jones]
From: "Scot Zediker" <roadsterboy@earthlink.net>
Date: Mon, 16 Oct 2000 17:36:08 -0700
----- Original Message -----
From: "Jeff Blumenthal" <jeffbb@ix.netcom.com>
To: <evolution-discussions@egroups.com>; <autox@autox.team.net>
Sent: Monday, October 16, 2000 9:30 AM
Subject: [Fwd: [F500] Checker Flag - Howell
Jones]boundary="------------1322FB119EE317F7399AC524"

> Here's some really sad news. I don't know how many out there besides the
> FMod (F500 specifically) drivers know about Howell Jones, but his loss
> will be felt by many. He was President of 2-Stroke International, the
> manufacturer of the AMW engines many F500 drivers use. He was always
> willing to help answer questions, provide support, and was a great
> advocate for motorsports. He will be missed.
> Here is a link to a newspaper article about his accident.
>
>             http://www.beaufortgazette.com/

I saw an article on Howell in Yahoo News.  The link just said "race driver
killed," so I just figured it was about Tony Roper.  I was surprised to find
out it was an SCCA guy.  Especially since he was involved in club racing and
not one of the pro series.

I never met him, and had never heard of him until reading that article.  But
still, it's sad to lose a fellow racer.*

Scot

* Yes, I know how autocrossers feel about the "R" word, but to the layperson
we race.  My wife still refers to what I do as "racing," no matter how many
times I correct her. :)