roll cage rules, again

To: autox@autox.team.net
Subject: roll cage rules, again
From: jwalter@ptra.com
Date: Fri, 13 Oct 2000 00:11:49 -0500
I'll try to be a little more concise.

We don't need mandatory roll cage rules in any Solo2 class/category.  The
suggested guidelines could include welded in cages in any class/category.

It's SOLO not road race.  Pick your poison.  You can't date and be married
without feeling some pain, or so I've been told.

This is an issue on the Prepared List, but we mostly worry about the 'tube
frame' definition and application.

We can't put a cage in our car that allows 3" clearance for the driver's
head.  I don't have that much room if I sit on the floor with the seat
out.  There are many cars that I can't sit in with a helmet on without
leaning to one side so I don't mess up the headliner.  I don't road (club)
race, don't want to waste that much money on a past time/hobby.  If I did,
I'd choose to and set up a car to do that, and maybe AX it on occasion.  I
sure wouldn't complain about the AX rules being against my "xxxxx" preped
car.

If you prep your car for something other than AX, then live with the
decision.  No one made you do that, you chose to do it.

James Rogerson
[FP #125] - Techless Racing
"Nails are glue, hypothetically speaking" - Lou Fertile
"Men that like golf are unhappy at home and incapable of having a
meaningful relationship with women" - Joseph Heller
The census records were used in 1941-2 to identify, abduct and imprison
innocent Japanese Americans. Be sure to fill out yours.  Trust them.