Re: Importance Safety Notice (Saturn Owners)

To: autox list <autox@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: Importance Safety Notice (Saturn Owners)
From: Loren Williams <Loren@kscable.com>
Date: Thu, 12 Oct 2000 17:15:32 -0500
John Eagan wrote:

> > Remember the Saturn that broke a hub at Nationals this year?  It was one of
> > these hubs.
>
> I'm not sure, but was that Bryan Hull? I had heard that he had a problem
> when he got up on two wheels and came down hard.
>
> At the last NWOR event in Fostoria October 1, Bryan ran in STS. I was
> behind the car that was sitting at the line waiting to start, after
> Bryan was clear ahead of him, when the grid guy came by gesturing to
> shut down. Bryan had gone through one corner and heading into the second
> he broke the recently replaced RR hub and the wheel bid farewell.
>
> Hopefully the hub he replaced THAT one with was not the same. I don't
> have an email address for him, but will try to chase him down in case he
> hasn't heard about this.

I'm not sure of the name, but that sure sounds like the guy.  I heard that
he broke another rear hub at another autocross shortly after Nationals.
This (and a few other similar incidents) is what spurred the recall of
these parts.

I know that the driver in question is not on any of the Saturn or Street
Touring lists that I am on, so if you know him, do make sure he is
informed.

--
Loren Williams | Loren@kscable.com
'94 Saturn SC2 | Wichita Region SCCA - http://www2.southwind.net/~scca