Re: Why I run Stock

To: Autox <autox@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: Why I run Stock
From: Brian Berryhill <brianberryhill@flashmail.com>
Date: Thu, 12 Oct 2000 02:18:12 -0500
Agreed there!

I use autox to help improve my driving skills on the road.  It would serve
no use to drive a different autox car at the limit and then get back on the
road with a different car you haven't safely experienced the limits of.

And the modifications I do to my car are for self-gratification mainly...
I'm happy to run in DSP/STS even though I figure my car would probably not
be too much slower in stock class.  Granted, autox'ing has tailored my
choice of mods a little bit... headers instead of a clutch, etc etc.

Plus, if you do run your autox car on the street, you can drive closer to
the limits more safely because of your experience with your own car.

I think the only drawback to running your daily driver in autox is the
possibility of breaking something.  And, since I'm going on 83k miles in my
car, I'm being sure to double and triple check things and perform scheduled
as well as preventive maintenance.

Brian

--
Brian Berryhill