Re: ProSolo Challenge qualification works how?

To: "Mark J. Andy" <marka@telerama.com>
Subject: Re: ProSolo Challenge qualification works how?
From: Randy Chase <randyc2@home.com>
Date: Fri, 06 Oct 2000 15:53:57 -0700

"Mark J. Andy" wrote:

> Howdy,
>
> Um, so if I've been running Pros for two years and have no idea how the
> whole qualification for the challenge thing works, I guess you can assume
> that I suck... :-)

Amazing that the ProSolo CP National Champion has no idea. :-)

> Seriously, all the rulebook says about how you qualify for the Challenge
> is "Open Challenge -- top 32 finishers in open classes".
>
> Uh, yeah.  Is that determined via an index?

Class winners are in. However far ahead you are (as class winner)
determines your standing. After class winners, they look at how far back
the 2nd place, 3rd place, etc cars are from the class leader. Typically,
more than .6 seconds or so, and you don't run the challenge. Also in the
case of tight classes like AS, they will only allow 5 cars (or is now
4?) into the Challenge.

This is for Open Challenge.

I hope this does not interfere with the other autocross related
discussions. :-)

Randy Chase