Re: advertising (Evolution, Books, Tire goo, Dog Food...)

To: autox@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: advertising (Evolution, Books, Tire goo, Dog Food...)
From: Don Miller <turbospl311@yahoo.com>
Date: Fri, 6 Oct 2000 10:07:09 -0700 (PDT)
Is a commercial advertising? I think so. Is an article
in a magazine advertising? Informative yes,
advertising, maybe but not directly unless the person
is doing a biased view article. Is a Sig line
advertising. No because you make no assumption people
will read the sig line and cannot make someone buy
something. Are Evolution messages advertising, yes but
advertising what? A chance to make money for
Evolution? yes but also to allow you to have fun and
enjoy your chosen hobby.

When I send out an announcement for an autocross my
Region is hosting is that advertising? Yep, just the
same as Evolution messages. The Region wants you there
so we can make enough money to pay the site fee, potty
rental and bribe money to keep the board of Directors
on for another year (just kidding on the last item).

If you ban any message alerting people to an autocross
or school, you would need to be consistent and cancel
it for any business venture. If a region is
incorporated, then it is a business. I would think
that would rule out 90% of the regions who advertise
their local events.

This is MHO and probably doesn't count for much!

Don Miller (TLS#8)
Snake River Region
(2 day enduroCross coming up Oct 21-22)

http://photos.yahoo.com/