Re: [kcautox] RE: Illegal tire warming???

To: "Andy Yinger" <mrsilverback@hotmail.com>, <autox@autox.team.net>,
Subject: Re: [kcautox] RE: Illegal tire warming???
From: "Eric Linnhoff" <eric10mm@qni.com>
Date: Fri, 6 Oct 2000 00:01:01 -0500
>Question what about the common practice of hard braking and stabbing the
>accelerator while moving up to the line from grid.  I do it on cold days to
>warm the brake pads.
===========================
If warming the brakes is all you're after, what's wrong with simply dragging
them all the way to the start line?  Put car into gear, let out clutch,
reach over with left foot and press brake pedal firmly while driving slowly
to the start line.  Simple and safe.  No antics or crazy wiggling.  Except
for the constant brake lights nobody would even be the wiser.

Blatant burnouts on the other hand, especially like the FSP one I witnessed
at Nationals this year, are unsafe and deserve a penalty.  10 feet from me
and a mere 20 or so feet to the rest of the grid and the packed grandstands
and this yahoo leaves two 6+ foot black streaks.  And any "oops, my foot
slipped" crap just is not even close to the truth.

Some people just seem to think they're above the rules.  Folks at the
Nationals should darn well know better or simply go back home.  And I hope
the culprit is on the list and reading this.

Eric (Opinionated?  You bet.) Linnhoff in KC
#69 STS    TLS #13
'98 Neon R/T
<eric10mm@qni.com>

"Whether outwardly or inwardly, whether in space or time,
the farther we penetrate the unknown,
the vaster and more marvelous it becomes."
Charles A. Lindbergh