RE: Autocross Community (was Re: Any Civil Engineers in the House ?)

To: elinnhoff@smmc.saint-lukes.org, autox@autox.team.net
Subject: RE: Autocross Community (was Re: Any Civil Engineers in the House ?)
From: "Arthur Emerson" <vreihen@hotmail.com>
Date: Thu, 05 Oct 2000 17:29:48 GMT
"Linnhoff, Eric" <elinnhoff@smmc.saint-lukes.org> wrote:

>Sayyyyyyy, that's not a bad idea.  Most planes sit idle in a
>hanger 99.95% of the time.

You're kidding, right???  You'd stand a better chance of holding
a Rallycross on the White House lawn!  The airstrip communities
that I've seen are all playgrounds for the wealthy.  If they
can afford a $250K plane and $500K house, what the hell could
a local autocross club give them that would convince them
to open their neighborhood to us???

For that matter, who would purposely buy a house or condo
around a race facility as a primary residence???  Commercial
space is the key.  Warehouses don't complain about noise,
especially when they're generating sales revenue from those
making the noise.....

-Arthur ("Not in my back yard [NIBMY]" edition.)