Re: Future Neon ACR ....

To: Lloyd.Wilson@Alcan.Com
Subject: Re: Future Neon ACR ....
From: washburn <washburn@dwave.net>
Date: Mon, 02 Oct 2000 18:42:06 -0500
Lloyd.Wilson@Alcan.Com wrote:

> --Boundary_(ID_cj/2uUKwkUogWq8ru8cODQ)
>
> FYI,
>  I read an interesting caption concerning the future Neon ACR.  I read it in
> this week's Autoweek.  The ACR is getting a large jump in engine performance.
> I believe the caption stated the new performance will increase to 160 hp and
> 180 ft/lb.  I am not an ACR expert, but I believe this is a considerable jump
> in the published ratings.  I have heard that personal ACR's can produce more
> performance than the published ratings, but that is for other people to
> discuss.

AFAIK, and based on info from someone who should know, the new ACR will
make an honest 150 hp.  The major improvement is in the torque curve
gained with addition of the electrially controlled duel intake manifold,
a plastic one I beleive.  Better low end numbers with a flat top curve.
Maybe this has been changed in the last couple of weeks.?

Pat