re: Wheel size on 2000 Passat

To: "Autox List" <Autox@autox.team.net>
Subject: re: Wheel size on 2000 Passat
From: "Cliff Loh" <cliff_loh@infoserve.net>
Date: Sun, 1 Oct 2000 18:11:11 -0700
From: Ron Dillman <rdillman@cat2.com>

>Anyone know what the width and offset is on the 15" wheels on 2000 VW
>Passat  (Pissant) ?
>The dealer doesn't (confidence inspiring).

AFAIK, all the 1998-2000 model Passats (B5) come w/ alloy rims of some
sort.  OEM rim size and offset should be stamp eirtherin the center
portion (covered by center cap) or on the inside of the rim on one of
the spokes.

I believe the standard GL/GLS is 15x7 and the GLX and/or GLX 4-Motion
is 16x7.  Offset is probably around 40mm. 5 x 100mm bolt pattern.

VW has the following alloy rims in the 1999 VWoA factory accessory
catalog (P/N W53 118 4008)

'Swing', 16x7, 3BO-071-499-666
'Tango', 16x7, 3BO-071-491-666
'Largo', 17x7, 3BO-071-492-666
'Boogie', 15x7, 3BO-071-498-666
'Rondo' 15x7, 3BO-071-490-666

All should be legal for stock category.

-c.
'92 Passat G60 Syncro Wagon
Cliff Loh, Vancouver, B.C. CANADA
"I started out with nothing & still have most of it left."
cliff_loh@infoserve.net,
inbred_hick@yahoo.com (alternate)