re: Garage Painting...

To: "Rick" <mudfly@nycap.rr.com>, "The Christianson's" <chrstson@netins.net>,
Subject: re: Garage Painting...
From: Chris Eckles <MRoadster@compuserve.com>
Date: Mon, 25 Sep 2000 08:19:34 -0400
We had a rule in the Air Force:  you were not allowed to paint anything
that was pure concrete.  Sidewalks, the sides of concrete buildings, etc.
This was Air Force wide, as I recall.  Instituted because too many base
commanders had their curbs painted white before an inspection.

The reason for this is simple.  Once you paint something, you commit
yourself to RE-PAINTING it every few years for the rest of its life.

I would keep the floor plain concrete.  It will be a bit harder to clean,
but really not much if you know how.  Certainly, spilled oil is a breeze to
get up (ground in kitty litter).  And you won't HAVE to re-paint it every
few years.  Much cheaper, too.

Chris Eckles
White M Roadster

>Ok folks,

        It's now the off-season. And I'd like to hear from some folks
who've
painted the floor of their garage. I'm moving into a new house soon, and
would like to paint the floor before I push the CSP car in for the
winter and start the engine re-build.

        Could those that have done it please share with me some of the ups
and
downs of this task? Cost, time, methods, any inconveniences etc. All
would be appreciated.

Thanks,

-Josh2
<