Re: Why I like SM...

To: <autox@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: Why I like SM...
From: "William Schenker" <schenker@mediaone.net>
Date: Fri, 22 Sep 2000 08:42:53 -0700
And this is why I'm a perfect future candidate for SM2:  I've got a 10AE
Miata that's still under warranty, but when it's over, I'd love to do some
kind of FI WITHOUT having to run EM for Pete's sake!

And another reason I want SM2:  in csp I can't even put in an 8lbs. HEAVIER
radiator for g_d's sake!  I do track days and I don't want my car to over
heat anymore during 125 degree track temp days like we had this summer.  A
heavier radiator makes NO performance advantage in AX, but CAN save an
engine doing "hot laps"

This is just my personal beef w/SP rules, but it illustrates how SP rules
are antiquated.  People use their cars for things, hold on to your hats
folks, for things other than AX!  Gasp!  And please don't tell me about "if
you want to play [at National's] you got to pay [follow the rules]".  It has
even been suggested elsewhere that if you want to run w/some minor rules
infraction, just stay racing at the local level and you should be o.k.  I
DON'T WANT TO BREAK ANY RULES, AT ANY LEVEL!!  BUT I WANT TO COMPETE WITH
REAL WORLD RULES!

Now the coup de grace of my argument;  I quote from the bottom of p. 97 of
the SP rules from the 1999 SOLO Rules:   "...The original concept of this
catagory as made up predominantly of street-driven vehicles has been
rendered inappropriate." Innappropriate is right!  To me, this is an
complete addmission that the SP rules are antiquated and should either: be
replaced by, or at the very least, supplimented by, an accross the board SM
classification, i.e., SM, SM2, SM3, etc.

Adios SP!  Long live SM!!!

Sorry for the rant, I've been carrying that around on my cheast for nearly a
year and I feel much better now :-}

Bill Schenker
'99 Miata 10AE
Team CalClub #36 csp