Moving to Norfolk, seeking knowledge / No Autox Content

To: autox@autox.team.net
Subject: Moving to Norfolk, seeking knowledge / No Autox Content
From: Ajstratton@aol.com
Date: Thu, 21 Sep 2000 17:56:33 EDT
  Now that the Nationals run up is over, I find myself faced with the next
big challenge of this year.  Thanks to the "Needs of the Navy"  I find myself
about to transfer to The USS Bataan located at NOB Norfolk.  I was able to
take a few days between the Peru and Petersburg Pros to check out the area,
but the results weren't very encouraging and I think I need some local advice.
  The main problems I find myself faced with are;  I MUST HAVE A GARAGE<BG>
an internet search has turned up only three apartment complexes with
garages.. all in Va Beach.  Second, I need a place to store a 24' enclosed
trailer. Third, (and related), I noticed that the quality of various
neighborhoods varied greatly over short distances.  As I will spend
significant time at sea the security of my stuff is paramount.  Additionally,
even though I will be in and out, I look forward to getting as involved as
possible in local events so pass along meeting or event info.  I know there
is an active bunch up there.
  I appreciate any info or advice I can get.   To save bandwidth you can
reply to me privately at   ajstratton@aol.com

TIA
Alan Stratton
95 Eclipse GSX