RE: Kumho's Magazine add shows US!!!!!! and STS-2 intrest

To: "Ax List (E-mail)" <autox@autox.team.net>
Subject: RE: Kumho's Magazine add shows US!!!!!! and STS-2 intrest
From: "Eric Buckley" <ejbuckley@earthlink.net>
Date: Wed, 6 Sep 2000 22:13:53 -0500
Scot Zediker wrote (regarding STS-2)

> Actually, that does sound like a pretty cool class.  I'd love
> to build my
> Miata into a CSP car, but I'm not so crazy about having to
> take it off the
> street to make it competitive.

If you have to take it off the street to be competitive in CSP, you'd have
to do the same in STS. Trust me, a competitive ST suspension is every bit as
harsh as SP. Doesn't bother me, but it does bother some folks.

Other than ride quality, the only problem is emissions. A high flow cat
should be plenty for the Miata motor. It's not like you're going to be
putting NOS or a blower on there. There's no reason an SP car with an engine
as small as a Miata can't pass emissions unless you live in California.

Eric Buckley
7 STR: 98 Integra GSR
St. Louis Region