RE: Stereotypes

To: "'Kat Bryce'" <katbryce@earthlink.net>
Subject: RE: Stereotypes
From: "Kelly, Katie" <kkelly@spss.com>
Date: Fri, 1 Sep 2000 13:44:33 -0700
Kat Bryce writes...

>Yet when I look at time sheets the ladies almost >always fall behind the
>men, with the exception of you Katie <g>, and
>would not be competitive
>in open class.

Thanks, Kat, but that's not true. There are LOTS of women, too many to
count, who would be really, really competitive in the Open class. Results
don't tell the whole story.

I'm competitive in the Open class because I RUN in the open class. And don't
forget all the many women who've been running there already, some for such
for a long, long time, and are so much faster than I could ever dream.

That's all I'm going to say on this subject because this is actually a
blacklisted subject on this forum. It's worse than spam.

I thought that was a great article because it's about how when we try
hardest not to fail, that's when we fail most, just as Mark Sirota noted.
You don't have to be a woman to know what that's like.

Katie K.