Re: FUEL?

To: "Isley"
Subject: Re: FUEL?
From: Dave Geis <davegeis@feist.com>
Date: Sat, 26 Aug 2000 13:54:10 -0500
"Isley, Jason C." wrote:

>         For those of you that don't drive your solo cars all the time. How
> long will the fuel stay good in the tank? I run a full tank of gas when I
> race my vette, but now that it spends all of its time on the trailer I
> wonder if I should drain the tank and fill it with fresh fuel occasionally.
> Now I am not talking about race gas, just regular pump fuel.

Visit your local marine dealer (it's a lot higher quality than the stuff they
make for your weed-eater) and get some fuel stabilizer. It'll keep that nasty
varnish from forming. How often? I don't use that much fuel - maybe 1/3 the
cell at most per event - but I only use it for winter storage. Don't think it's
worth it for all-the-time use. But keep it full *all* the time to keep water
from condensing.

--
Dave Geis - #25 FM  1982 Morton Formula Vee
Who needs a roof?...or doors...or lights...or fenders...