Re: Shock access - am I stupid?

To: "Autox" <autox@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: Shock access - am I stupid?
From: "Brian Berryhill" <brianberryhill@usa.net>
Date: Fri, 18 Aug 2000 18:05:53 -0500
> The creation of a hole specifically to make the car faster is the problem.
> Without the hole, the person cannot adjust the car as quickly at the
event.
> In theory, they can make their car faster by adjusting it to the
conditions
> at the event.  This is an adjustment that was not allowed by the factory
or
> taken into account when the car was classed.

Hmm... on a humorous note, whenever I adjust my struts during an autocross,
I either slow down or spin out, so would it be legal for my car since it
doesn't make me faster? :)

As for the drilling holes for shock access thing, maybe 4 one-inch holes
should be allowed at the car owner's discretion?  However, I do understand
that its just one of those rules that we have to live with.

I was thinking... for my rear strut bar, I had to drill holes in plastic,
about 1" in diameter for the bar to fit through.  I hope that's legal.  But,
what would stop me from drilling a 5" hole to put a 1" bar through?  Are
there rules saying that the bar should not displace more plastic than it has
to?

Brian

--
Brian Berryhill