RE: need tires

To: "'Linnhoff, Eric'" <elinnhoff@smmc.saint-lukes.org>,
Subject: RE: need tires
From: Jeffrey Blankenship <jblanken@amdocs.com>
Date: Fri, 18 Aug 2000 09:59:19 -0500

<snip>

> I need some recommendations for a good all season (yes, snow too)
> performance tire that's not too expensive.  Any ideas folks?
> I've always been pleased with the Dunlop D60s but am ready to try
> something else.  I'm looking for something in a 195/60-14 or
> 205/60-14 size.

As far as I know your best alternative is the BFG Comp T/A HR4-2.
It should wear a bit longer but you might not like its dry performance
and road feel as much as the Dunlop.  I've had both.

The rest of the really good tires aren't made in 14", which is
a crying shame.  FYI, half the reason I got a '91 MR2 is I can
use all my neon rubber, but for the street I may buy 15" wheels
so I would have a better choice of tires.  Not to mention better
looking wheels.
---
Jeffrey D. Blankenship                     Senior Technical Consultant
jblanken@amdocs.com                        Amdocs - ITDS - TRIS+
'91 MR2 Turbo, neon enthusiast #478        Champaign, IL, USA