RE: Nationals entries

To: <autox@autox.team.net>, miket <miket@interaccess.com>
Subject: RE: Nationals entries
From: "Mike Neary" <mcneary@usa.com>
Date: Thu, 17 Aug 2000 16:37:24 -0400
I brought my GS-R out to 3 Pros this year and was unsuccesful in
catching the Fiats.  I do think that the GS-R can beat the Fiats but
mine is not yet up to the task.  Mark Allen was very close in Ft.
Myers in his GS-R, but was eeked out.  In Harrisburg Joe Graves
put up an  admirable fight in his Ford Escort; should he ever
upgrade the nearly stock suspension I think he will have something
for the Fiats as well.

Mike

dated 17 Aug 2000,:

Scott,

I agree.  I think there are a number of "new" DSP cars that may be
able to compete with the x1/9s, such as the Prelude, maybe the
Neon,
Integra GSR???.  It will be another year or more before many show
up
though.

I will be doing my best with my 1988 Grand Am with a Quad4 that I
have
been working on for a few year and had been running is ESP until it
was moved to DSP this year.  I hope some others out there buld up
some
other cars and give the X1/9s a run!!!

Anyone out there have serious DSP plans for a Prelude or Neon???

Mike Taylor

>I think the fact that all the whiney VW guys got their "i"  FSP class
>this
year has a lot more to do with it. I know it decimated the ranks of
DSP in the NER region. (10-12 FSP entrants on average and 1-3 in DSP
this year) > >Makes for a slow year for DSP, as the current crop of
cars that are classed there now may or may not exist in SP form for a
year or two.  Takes most people time to build a good SP car. > >Scott
Phelps >88 Yugo GVX #81 EP - NER >(owner of 2.5 Fiat X1/9's, one
destined for DP in a year or so) > > > >.

Mike Neary....what's it to ya?
'97 Acura Integra GS-R, DSP
http://www.qis.net/~zoomie
http://www.autocrossers.org