Re: loan terms (was: Class Cost of Ownership and before that: New Miata)

To: "Pat Kelly" <lollipop@ricochet.net>, <Smokerbros@aol.com>
Subject: Re: loan terms (was: Class Cost of Ownership and before that: New Miata)
From: "Scot Zediker" <roadsterboy@earthlink.net>
Date: Mon, 14 Aug 2000 16:24:09 -0700
----- Original Message -----
From: Pat Kelly <lollipop@ricochet.net>
To: <Smokerbros@aol.com>
Cc: <roadsterboy@earthlink.net>; <autox@autox.team.net>
Sent: Saturday, August 12, 2000 10:54 AM
Subject: Re: loan terms (was: Class Cost of Ownership and before that: New
Miata)

> The 24 years referred to Scot's claim on his dad's truck; our van is
> only an 86; 10 years younger! And maintenance costs have not been that
> bad as long as we stay away from a Ford dealer. The biggest cost this
> year was making the fuel gauge read; as you know, Charlie, that's a very
> important feature for a 460 V8! Gotta have it.

Actually, it's pretty important for a 360 V8 too!  (This is the "small"
engine in 3/4- and 1-ton Fords of the mid-70's.)  Dad says his truck won't
get into double-digit mpg figures these days without a good tailwind.

Good thing it has two tanks, or the Road to Topeka (tm) would be very long
for me!

Scot