RE: Nationals entries

To: Digest Auto-x <autox@autox.team.net>
Subject: RE: Nationals entries
From: Ron Katona <rkatona@bellatlantic.net>
Date: Thu, 10 Aug 2000 20:36:07 -0400
Eric Linnhoff wrote:
> Racing a Pinto?  There's just something really wrong about that.  ;^)

All kidding aside, one of the most well populated, popular, competitive,
and inexpensive road racing series I've seen is the GTP class as run in
the Mid Atlantic Road Racing Series (MARRS). If you haven't figured it
out by now, the "P" in GTP stands for Pinto. Great races to watch.

You've also never heard a cheer like the cheer that went up in the turn
8 grandstands at Summit Point earlier this summer when a GT Pinto passed
a Ferrari F355 running in another class (saw it with my own eyes). Now
_that's_ embarrassing!
--
Ron Katona