WebCast from Topeka, anyone? (was Re: Talent Show Lives!)

To: free2000@quixnet.net, autox@autox.team.net
Subject: WebCast from Topeka, anyone? (was Re: Talent Show Lives!)
From: "Arthur Emerson" <vreihen@hotmail.com>
Date: Wed, 09 Aug 2000 01:20:38 GMT
"Rick Brown" <free2000@quixnet.net> wrote:

>All I can say is there better be someone with a digital camera
>there recording this and then posting it somewhere for those of
>us that can't make it.  Maybe even a few avi's or mpeg movies :-)

It's probably too late to get Peavy involved with an audio
WebCast of the competition and festivities, but I'm pondering
the possibility of putting on our own WebCast live from the
field.  With .MP3 compression (yeah, I know, dirty words in the
recording industry), it should be possible to stream a live
audio feed over a standard modem to the Internet, which would
then be distributed from a streaming audio site like live365.com.

Pulling this off doesn't seem too complex or expensive, and I'm
sure that there would be volunteers to coordinate it should
the SCCA give a nod of approval.....

-Arthur ("Don't have the radios or phone jack" edition.)