Scooter legality for Solo II Nationals

To: Team dot Net <autox@autox.team.net>
Subject: Scooter legality for Solo II Nationals
From: Rex Tener <rex_tener@yahoo.com>
Date: Fri, 04 Aug 2000 14:22:38 -0700
I am thinking about buying a razor scooter to bring to nationals.  It would
be a great tool to get around Forbes Field with.

Their description can be found at:

        http://www.razor-scooter.com/products/130b1.html

The question is... are they legal for the Solo II Nationals?

The supplemental regulations have this to say:

        C.  Safety

                12.  Skate boards (motorized or manual, with or without
             stand-up
handlebars or seat) [...] are prohibited
                     from use in all areas of the event site.

I can see the argument both ways.  It sort of looks like a skateboard with
stand-up handlebars, however, it only has two wheels, instead of four like
a skateboard.

Any thoughts?  I guess the Chief Safety Steward will have to make a
determination.

--
Rex Tener
rex_tener@yahoo.com