Re: Hi Everyone

To: Rusty Roark <rusty@kimbanet.com>, autox@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: Hi Everyone
From: Eric Moon <info@scca-susq.com>
Date: Fri, 04 Aug 2000 11:44:33 -0400
At , Rusty Roark wrote:
>Hello everyone Im new to the list and thought i would introduce myself. My
>names Rusty, i live in Martinsville VA, about one hour from Greensboro NC
>and Roanoke VA and I drive a 99 Dodge Avenger Sport V6. im new to the whole
>Auto-X thing so bear with me please =) Ive done a few perforamance mods to
>my Avenger and im just wondering if anyone would know the class I would be
>in (im gonna be running in my first event the 13th) I have an AEM Cold Air
>Intake, Arospeed Muffler and Powerstop slotted Rotors. Thanks for your help.

Check to see if your local region runs novice classes, where newbies can
run and get a little leeway (excused) for their mods.
Otherwise, I don't know.  I think you might have too much engine for Street
Touring, so I'm guessing ESP or CSP.  Either way, you'll get slaughtered in
those classes by cars that are "properly" prepared for autocross ---
Sticky R compound Hoosiers and Kumhos, really big wheels and a well tuned
suspension.

Oops, I think slotted or drilled rotors put you in Prepared!

At this point, you might as well:
A:  Put a turbo in the thing and run in Street Mod.
B:  Remove the Intake and Rotors and run in Stock (muffler is OK)
If you decide you really like autocross, you'll probably end up buying a
more suitable car for next year  :-)

I could tell you to spend less money on goodies and invest your money and
time in schools and seat time, but I'm sure that DG, "The King of All SM"
will use this opportunity to remind me that I was the Riceboy Poster Child
of '98----Sooooo, I'm not necessarily someone to take "too" seriously  ;-)
But, Seriously.....
Just go out and do it!  Have fun and set low goals like "finishing the day
without DNF'ing all 3 runs".  Next time, set a goal of "faster and no
cones".  You probably will not beat anyone, but make your next goal to "not
be DFL".
Do it some more and have fun.
Do it even more, and remember to keep having fun.
Repeat as necessary.

Welcome to the fray,
Eric

Eric Moon
  2000 Pennsylvania State Solo II Champion - G Stock
Co-Driver - Team Wasabi G Stock '00 Acura Type R
'92 Miata - D Prepared Wannabe

e-mail:        info@scca-susq.com
pager:         7173297074@mobile.att.net

Appalachian Sports Car Club   www.scca-susq.com