The DTN Nominee recap #3

To: "Teamdotnet" <autox@autox.team.net>
Subject: The DTN Nominee recap #3
From: "Matt Murray" <mattm@optonline.net>
Date: Fri, 4 Aug 2000 00:25:41 -0400
Just another reminder and recap.

Okay, so yas sez ya gonna vote "Real Soon! ©".

Well, there are only three days left to vote. So exercise your rights.

Please send your contributions to either the paypal URL below or
the snail mail address.

Matt Murray

Y2K DTN admin
To donate, send funds to
 drivertonationals@yahoo.com
 To sign up and get the DTN a $5
 referral bonus, use this link and ensure
 that the above address is in the referral
 block:
https://secure.paypal.com/refer/pal=drivertonationals%40yahoo.com

27 Old Mill Road
Westport, CT  06880-6622

mattm@optonline.net

The DTN Nominee recap:
Nominee #3:
Karl Rickert

Gosh, I'm happy to be nominated I don't know where to begin.

I was born a poor... never mind. I'm originally from East Tennessee, where I
started honing my driving skills, by running the backroads and byways with
the likes of Johnny Miller IV of Trans-am fame. But that's a whole other
story.

My first car was a 1971 Volvo 142E that was my father's B Sedan racecar. I
replaced the bumpers and headlights and I was the envy of every 16 yr old in
the county. I started autocrossing in the ETR Region at the tender age of
16, but was my father's pit crew at autocrosses and road races from the age
of 10. Along with the Volvo I also owned a '67 Austin Mini, '58 Volvo 445,
and a '76 Trans am, all before the age of 18.

After "gradiating" from high school, I moved to Cleveland, TN and attended
UTC in Chattanooga, working on a BS in Graphic Arts. I meet my wife of 15
yrs there and we moved to Florida a few years after we were married. We have
3 children ages 8, 19, & 18. I am currently employed at The Printing House
Ltd in Quincy, FL as the Estimator. One of our sister companies is Homes &
Land Magazines, which are produced and distributed nationwide.

We moved to Tallahassee in 1992 and started autocrossing again in 1996 after
a co-worker "gave" me the '74 Spider in drive today. I was able to capture
the '97, '98 and '99 C-Stock Championship in The Dixie Region. I was worker
of the year in '97 and Member of the year in '98 (or vice versa).

I've always been active in the Region. In '97 I was elected as a board
member and in '99 was elected Assistant Regional Executive. I'm always one
of the first to arrive at the event, either setting up the trailer or
registration table. My consistent worker position is that of an event
supervisor, making sure all is fine and dandy in the area. You can also find
me working the PA system from time to time (someone please take the mike
away from me), but fellow DTN driver David Hawkins does a much better job;)
Currently, I am the Sadie Solo Registrar for our Solo Divisional series. I
am filling the shoes of one Ms. Brenda Ashburn, who will be missed at the
events as an official.

My current autocross car is a '74 Alfa Romeo Spider, while not the best
looking (rusting away) or handling car in the world. It is an absolute blast
to drive and watch! I'm often asked how I keep from dragging the door
handles, when cornering hard. I was however able to capture the SADIE
C-Stock Championship in '99 driving the ole Alfa! Currently I am preparing a
'71 Dotson 510 for Solo and eventually road racing.

I'd like to thank everyone on Team.net for their informative, if not always
serious posts and Mark B. for hosting the service! I've been fortunate
enough to meet the likes of Phil Either and his Lotus and was even able to
arrange a ride at a "rally cross" in Minnesota a few years ago, by using
Team.net! Did I mention my SADIE boss is Mass?

So, that's my story and I'm sticking to it!

And if elected the 2000 DTN, I promise octane boost in every tank, a new set
of Hoosier's every year and not to bring up the twelve days of autocross
ever
again! I'll even bring JD Kemp with me for luck!

Regards,
See ya'll at the Ozark SADIE Divisional!

Karl Rickert
Dixie Region Asst Regional Executive
Dixie Region Solo Chairman
Sadie Solo Registrar