RE: DTN- SCCA CEO

To: autox@autox.team.net
Subject: RE: DTN- SCCA CEO
From: "Talley, Brooks" <brooks@frnk.com>
Date: Thu, 13 Jul 2000 19:51:29 -0700
> I think the "Sipenator" has it summed up.I don't give a shit
> if this guy can
> drive or shift??? That doesn't matter. Lets face the facts
> here. This is
> corporate America
> and SCCA is no different. Lets hope this guy is total number
> cruncher and not
> worry about the fact that he may not be a real great driver.
> It doesn't
> matter. What we are talking about here is the well being of
> SCCA as a whole.

Fair enough.  And I'll take a great businessman over a car enthusiast with
no business acumen... but the two are not mutually exclusive.  I'm too new
to scca to have an opinion of Steve Johnson, but I'm experienced enough with
business to tell you that typically, the very best corporate leaders have a
passion for their industry.  In the automotive world, Bob Lutz is an example
that springs to mind.

-b