Re: Hoosier Tire Splits + rim protectors?

To: <TeamZ3@aol.com>
Subject: Re: Hoosier Tire Splits + rim protectors?
From: "Eric Linnhoff" <eric10mm@qni.com>
Date: Wed, 12 Jul 2000 23:59:58 -0500
> Now here's something for ya... when my new A3S03s arrived, they looked a
> bit different. Hmmm... something funny about that bead area. Yup, looks
> like they have a rim protector bulge just above the bead area.

>You have the 2000 tire with the new bead construction; I think only 17" and
>up got the bead change  It lets the tread lay flatter when installed on
>narrow rims  The tire sidewall actually bulges less  I think you'll be ok
=====================================
Hmm, does this then qualify as a "new" (for Solo purposes) tire?

And if not, why?  Sure seems like a "new" design to me.

Just curious.

Eric Linnhoff in KC
#69DS    TLS #13
'98 Neon R/T
<eric10mm@qni.com>

"I ask sir, who is the militia? It is the whole people...
To disarm the people, that is the best and most
effective way to enslave them..." - George Mason