Re: Not all OEM wheels suck

To: "Ron Bauer" <ronbauer@aa.net>, "Kevin Stevens" <kevin_stevens@hotmail.com>
Subject: Re: Not all OEM wheels suck
From: Rex Tener <rex_tener@yahoo.com>
Date: Mon, 10 Jul 2000 13:26:47 -0700
At 11:34 AM 7/10/2000 -0700, Ron Bauer wrote:
>Kevin Stevens wrote:
>
> >c) For the S2000 and other first-year cars, worst case, you have to
> >   buy a new set of stock rims.  But I'm not buying that there aren't
> >   ANY out there.  No S2000's have been wrecked yet?  Nobody makes
> >   an aftermarket wheel to run on the street?  TireRack shows some.
>
>And we did buy a new set of stock rims at something like $300/wheel (which
>was a discount because we know people.)  If you care to do some research and
>find some inexpensive S2000 wheels, I'd welcome it.  Even a wrecked car is
>going to demand somewhere in the $250/wheel range.

Hi Ron,

Here is a set of S2000 wheels that a local autocrosser is selling:

 > From: "Kit Wetzler" <kitwetzler@mindspring.com>
 > To: <ba-autox@autox.team.net>
 > Subject: stuff for sale
 > Date: Sun, 9 Jul 2000 21:14:02 -0700

 > $1000 : S2000 wheels with 40% remaining tread Kumhos 225/50r16 245/45r16

Wheels are out there, but I am sure they go quickly.  With both sets of my
M3 stock wheels I bought/use for racing, I was the first person to
respond.  I still haven't decided if want to spend $2000 a set to have
discounted Fikse's as race wheels for my car, or get a set of discounted
new wheels $1600, or get a set of perfect used wheels $800.

--
Rex Tener
rex_tener@yahoo.com