Re: Mac vs PC BS

To: "Mike Mitchell" <mitchell@gatecom.com>, "Phil Ethier" <pethier@isd.net>
Subject: Re: Mac vs PC BS
From: "Rick Brown" <free2000@quixnet.net>
Date: Wed, 14 Jun 2000 12:37:11 -0700
ARRRRGGGGHHHH.  Enough already!  This idea that Macs and PCs are much
different any more is ridiculous.  I happen to be a PC graphics person
mostly and have yet to see anything done on a Mac that I can't do on my PC,
often easier.  The user interfaces are not that much different, most popular
programs are available on both platforms and files are interchangable.
There is software for both that lets you read and write the others
files/disks.  The most popular graphics program, Adoble Illustrator, which
grew up on the Mac has (IMHO) a terrible user interface compared to
CorelDraw, which grew up on the PC.  I've had a roommate who was a graphic
artist with a Mac who had just as many problems with things as I ever did.
The biggest difference I run into is that the Mac uses a seperate
file/imbedded info to asssociate files to their creating programs and the PC
uses a file extension, i.e., .xxx.  I always make an effort to make sure
files I create will be compatible with everybody.  Most files I get from Mac
people I have to rename to PC convention even though the creator knew I was
on a PC.  I have friends with Macs and every time I use their machines, I do
not find them at all intuitive.  It's really mostly a matter of what you
learned on. Can't we all just get along?  :-)

Rick Brown
FP 240Z