Re: Laser timing head problems

To: cashmo@spec-rx7.org, autox@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: Laser timing head problems
From: "John Gross" <jogross3@hotmail.com>
Date: Tue, 13 Jun 2000 14:10:33 PDT
The Texas A&M Sports Car Club uses the Race America system.  We've never had
any problems with light impacting the operation of the system, though we
have found the sensors to be sensitive to moisture (either rain or prolonged
exposure to high humidity, as in a few weeks straight).  Our solution to the
rain problem is to surround the milk crates that they're attached to with a
garbage bag with a hole punched in the middle for the beam to go through.