Re: new class, BSM

To: autox@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: new class, BSM
From: Mari L Clements <mrndr2@juno.com>
Date: Tue, 6 Jun 2000 11:11:39 -0400
> > thinking the overhead cam Honda motor is the way yo go in Fjr, the
> > briggs is too bulky.. and heavy, and revs slow..  now to get the kid
> > drive it at the limit is another thing..

Uh, yeah, but that is the case for pretty much any vehicle, no?

And kids' learning curves may be better than folks who have been early
apexing city street corners for years.  There's also that lack of fear
thing.  Stupidest thing I ever did was follow a seven-year-old off a ski
jump.  Within 2 events, Matthew (who is not the world's most fearless
kid) was achieving the Briggs top speed with the initial gearing at at
least some points on course.  I sure can't say that.

BTW, speaking of driving at the limits, I heard that GH Sharp in an ESP
ponycar was less than a half second back of Tunnell this weekend on a
tight-ish, twisty course.  I also heard that when GH drove the M3, he was
two tenths or so back of Tunnell.  Maybe the perception that the car is
unbeatable is having more of an effect than it should?  (NOT to re-open
that can of worms, beat that dead horse, or otherwise overwhelm folks'
mailboxes, but it seemed an interesting piece of data.)

mlc
'91 MR2 NA
-----anything after this, I didn't write, and don't necessarily agree
with----