Re: Psychic Tokicos.......

To: Scott Meyers <solo2@uswest.net>
Subject: Re: Psychic Tokicos.......
From: Steven Fooshee <fooshst@stumail.gc.cc.fl.us>
Date: Tue, 30 May 2000 20:23:03 -0500
Scott Meyers wrote:

> I am installing some Tokico Illuninas on an 87 RX-7.  These are the five
> position adjustable ones. I have had three sets before on other cars. I
> like them.
>
> All sets before came with the 1-2-3-4-5 ring on both fronts and rears.
> The fronts here did, but not the rears. Just a little red
> screw/dial/pointer/adjuster in the middle.
>
> So........am I to guess?
>
> Is there a secret code, like "towards the flat on the shaft is "1"?
>
> Any expertise will be appreciated.
>
> Thanks,
>
> Scott Meyers

        There should be plastic doodads which fit on top of the struts. They
may still be in the box. When I had the struts put on my GSL-SE the
mechanic left them in the box (and was throwing the box away!) and said
I was wasting my money on these because there wasn't any way of
adjusting them!!! Thankfully I have access to tools to do this myself
now!
        Even if you can't find them, there is a very noticeable difference
between 5 and 1, so you can find where that gap is by bouncing your knee
in the bumper. I don't know where the slots are in relation to the
detents, though. If you really want, I can check mine.
--
---

1987 RX-7 TII: I fear no Ford. [ASP; can't beat BSP]
1990 GS 500-E: 39.98 neck-snapping ponies.
MCMLXIX Sprite: Run, dammit! Run! [DSP; can't beat HS]
Entropy isn't what it used to be.

-