Clarification Post... was AWD in ProSolos

To: autox@autox.team.net
Subject: Clarification Post... was AWD in ProSolos
From: Jason Saini <speedyj73@yahoo.com>
Date: Tue, 30 May 2000 16:41:21 -0700 (PDT)
Ok...  I am still trying to put out all the flames.  I can't count the
number of times I've had to stop-drop-and-roll today.  A sincere thanks
to all those that flamed me today... you made me feel like a real
winner - congratulations.

My point was:  ProSolo and SoloII are two different events, the
implications being that AWD cars have a distinct advantage.  Someone
defended, saying the best they could get was 2.0 60' times, and that
should be only worth .3 seconds advantage.  That's .3 seconds at 60'...
much more than that by the end of the straight.

Look, I'm not whining... I love GS, and I am having a ball this year.
I am doing well enough in the Corrado to turn some heads, and that was
my only goal for this year.  If I had a clean left-course run at Peru I
would have been 6th, with McIver, Ledford, Fauth, Bauer and Stratton in
front of me.  That tells me that I am on the right track, and on any
one day I could beat some of those guys.  I was only back a few 10ths.
The Corrado *IS* well suited to GS, and it has been for a while, but
no-one has put forth the effort to prepare one to the limit of the
rules as I have.

Simply put, I think the SCAC and SEB should consider the difference in
ProSolo and SoloII when classing cars. Period.  Andy Bettencourt (one
of the few who actually understood my last post.) Thought it was an
interesting point, and advised me to write a letter.

I'm trying to win friends, not enemies among the Solo community...  cut
me some slack, people.  I'm not the whiner you make me out to be.

-Jason Saini  .  Chicago, IL
-'93 Corrado  .  GS Sleeper