Re: M3's in ESP - Mid Season Opinion

To: autox@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: M3's in ESP - Mid Season Opinion
From: "Pat Griffith" <griffser@hotmail.com>
Date: Thu, 25 May 2000 08:53:49 PDT
Before anybody goes and moves the M3s again, wouldn't it be better to let
the season progress before making changes again? A few points to consider:

- How would Bob Tunnell had fared the last couple years running ESP at
Nationals?  (I already know the answer. ;)

- Sort of along the lines of what Andy B. said about poorly setup SP cars,
how well would the top F Stock cars/drivers have fared if they ran ESP the
past couple years at
Nationals?  (I already know the answer to that one, too.)

- Aren't most of the pony ESP cars NOT prepped to the limit of the rules
yet? (This, I'm not 100% of the answer.)  I'm talking full HP and
suspsension goodies, which is
what I think Bob has on his M3 (well, he may not have everything, but he's
tested enough to know that sometimes OE stuff works best). Marcus Meredith's
car has pretty
much everything from what I gather, but what about Schotz' ex, Madarash,
Sammy's temporarily retired car, etc., etc.

- And how well are "the other" M3 drivers doing in ESP?

Pat
'93 Sentra SE-R, STR/STS/DSP/Track Toy
'96 Z-28, FS <-- mine for 6 minutes this week