Re: site loss

To: "Jay Mitchell" <jemitchell@compuserve.com>,
Subject: Re: site loss
From: "Tom_Holt" <tholt@ccsi.com>
Date: Mon, 22 May 2000 10:45:42 -0500
Jay axed:
>> The damage was minimal at the start
>> line and most prominant at the tighter turns.
>
>Was the damage to the pavement itself, or primarily to the sealer
>coat and lines?

We pretty much just rubbed off the sealer coat down to the asphalt. We had
been racing on the same base asphalt off and on for probably 15 years or so
with no preceivable damage. For about the past 5 + years this has been our
primary site where we held about 6 events per year.

>>HOWEVER....our club has been VERY
>> active in raising money for a scholarship fund in the name of
>snip..
>
>Well, it may be that you guys can get the site back sometime in
>the future. It sure sounds like you have a good relationship with
>the owner.

We're not holding our breath...