Re: Terminator Kart

To: "Mark J. Andy" <marka@telerama.com>
Subject: Re: Terminator Kart
From: Jay Mitchell <jemitchell@compuserve.com>
Date: Sat, 13 May 2000 11:21:28 -0700
Mark J. Andy wrote:

> I know you're joking here, but both of those "suggestions" have a problem
> that karts don't have.  In each case, the driver's ability to control the
> vehicle is being affected.

WRT the optional seatbelt suggestion, are you saying that karts - which
don't require belts - have compromised the driver's ability to control
the vehicle? My response is that LOTS of cars have seats that hold the
driver in place well enough for him(her) to ocntrol the car even while
unbelted. The primary reason for the belt is crash protection.

> ps.  What's next?

How about the Solo II Rules as they read in 1996?

"3.3.A Driver Restraints
Seat lap belts are required in all cars."

and
"3.3.B Roll Bars
...Roll bars are also required in all formula cars and specials."

That wording did just fine for quite a number of years, and, IMHO,
should never have been altered.

Jay