Re: Seeking SP seat & wheel advice

To: eric10mm@qni.com, "'autox@autox.team.net'" <autox@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: Seeking SP seat & wheel advice
From: Tim Schuh <tim@wankel.net>
Date: Wed, 22 Dec 1999 09:16:09 -0600
Linnhoff, Eric wrote:
> Oh.  Why not backdate to the GSL brakes and then run the 13" wheels?  The
> GSL brake setups should be literally laying all over import salvage yards.
> We've got a local CSP guy who runs 13x7" Diamond wheels on his GSL and with
> aftermarket pads has no trouble stopping.
>
> You're just not going to get the same performance out of 14" wheels that the
> 13" wheels offer a CSP car.  With 13" wheels there's a better tire selection
> and shorter tires which improve gearing and make the car accelerate faster.

The GSL-SE brakes of course are larger than the GSL brakes and they
fit a wider variety of off the shelf wheels.  If the car was not also
street legal and driven accordingly it _might be a different story.
In actuality it would be better to get a 81 GS, put the GSL rear end
in it and build a 13B FI engine for it.  I believe this is the path
that Victor Lutan took for his car.

I believe by now it should be obvious that I'm not out to win National
Championships with this car but just to have fun with it and beat a
couple of del Sol's in the process. (Danal, are you listening? =)

With Victor's recent marriage I'm willing to bet that his car will
come up for sale in a year or two if he hasn't sold it already.  If I
can make the garage space for it, I might even buy it.  Geez, if that
happens I'm going to need a bigger driveway.....

--
Tim Schuh - www.wankel.net
84 GSL-SE