Re: event synopsis

To: KWall73108@aol.com
Subject: Re: event synopsis
From: Mari L Clements <mrndr2@juno.com>
Date: Sun, 12 Dec 1999 23:00:03 -0500
On Sun, 12 Dec 1999 16:38:22 EST KWall73108@aol.com writes:
> Seeking input on your autoxing area.
> How long is your season?

Late April or early May through October

> How many events in that season?

8 all together--5 in the summer series (May-August) and 3 in the Fall
Challenge (September-October).  Each series has its own points standings.

> What kind of courses are run (technical, open, top speed, etc.)?

Entirely dependent on the course designer (which changes every event).

> What condition is the surface in?

Asphalt that is in great shape but smallish with a dopey rail on one site
(it's real life is the Penn State Bus Testing facility) and new asphalt
with 9 or so light poles in the BIG parking lot next to Beaver Football
Stadium at Penn State.

> How many runs can be had at an event, including extra runs?

Used to be 4 competition runs with 4 noncomps also available.  Since the
purchase of the new timer, we've been running 5 runs per heat.  You have
to work as many heats as you run, so theoretically, you could get 15 runs
(work set-up and tear down and one of the four heats and run the other
3).

> What's the typical turnout and how long does the event usually take?

Varies.  Up to 75 or so on a nice warm day and down to 30 on the chilly,
rainy end-of-season events.  Set up starts at 8, driver's meeting at 11,
tear down done by 4:30 (with the new timer).

> What caliber of drivers are at the event, any national winners?

Varies.  At one event, we had 3 National champs in CS alone.  Other
days...well, let's just say I've been as high as 5th overall.

mlc
'91 MR2 NA

Why pay more to get Web access?