Re: Require SCCA membership?

To: Phil Ethier <pethier@isd.net>
Subject: Re: Require SCCA membership?
From: John Galligan <galligan@gulftel.com>
Date: Mon, 06 Dec 1999 20:33:24 -0600
One thing we must not forget.  As we often are reminded; SCCA is a volunteer
organization, therefore we always need people to bo the work. If you are not a
member, why should you volunteer?  We must maintain an active membership to
continue.  Next year my region is reducing the entry fee for members from $15
to $10, non-members will remain at $20.  We hope that this will persuade
non-members to join SCCA, not only to get their dues, but in hope to get them
to volunteer to help THEIR club.  We are in the fortunate position of having a
great site that costs us nothing, so loss of income is not a big problem, and
we are hoping for a much greater benefit from more participation to prevent
burnout of the few volunteers that do all the work.

--
John Galligan
galligan@gulftel.com