Re: lightest wheels???

To: autox@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: lightest wheels???
From: TeamZ3@aol.com
Date: Mon, 6 Dec 1999 20:32:33 EST
The only wheels I know of that are lighter than Monocoque would consume too
much of your annual salary.  Similar in weight & cost to Monocoque is
Litespeed (formerly Taylor wheels) and their wheel parts are made by Bogart;
a sister company to Monocoque.

I bought a set of 3-pc Monocoques w/forged centers in 1996, originally for an
M3 and now used on my Z3 coupe.  The 17 x 7.5's are 13.5# and the 17 x 8.5's
are 14#.  The outer rim sections are typically available in 3 thicknesses;
0.120, 0.165, & 0.210 (if my memory serves me right).  These are true custom
racing wheels.  You will need to supply all the proper dimension
specifications for your application.

Mark Sipe