Honda Civic Si questions

To: <autox@autox.team.net>
Subject: Honda Civic Si questions
From: CLAY MCLENDON <clay_mclendon@goodyear.com>
Date: Fri, 3 Dec 1999 18:03:30 -0500
Hello everyone,  I have recently acquired a 1986 Honda Civic Si for autocross
use.  It was setup and used for the GRM $1500 challenge and has the following
parts..  Tokico 5 way adj shocks,  coilovers in the rear (with cut stock
springs), aftermarket rear sway bar,  14" wheels with Yok A008RS's,  K&N, and
performance exhaust.  My questions:  I have read some about lowering the car
using adjusting bolts and stiffening up the car by swapping the torsion bars.
Is this a complicated procedure?  The only torsion bars I am familiar with are
on the old air cooled VW's.  The car handles great,  but I would like it to sit
a little lower.  Any other low buck mods I can do myself?  Any web pages
specific to this car (FAQ's, parts, etc.)?  Any and all help appreciated.  I am
still not sure what class I am going to run next year.  Comparing CSP and ST,
ST looks more for me (streetable and mod friendly).  Who knows,  maybe STU one
day far off  (when I have more money).  Thanks in advance.  I'm on digest and
off work next week so if you could copy me directly any replies  I would
appreciate it.  Otherwise I'll end up sifting through 10 day's digests...

Take care,
clay