Re: Auti TT Recall

To: mshields@inconnect.com, autox@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: Auti TT Recall
From: TeamZ3@aol.com
Date: Fri, 3 Dec 1999 00:07:26 EST
<< I just read in AutoWeek (Nov 29th) that Audi will be, and I quote,
    "...requesting they return their cars to a local
    dealer for the mods. Owners can choose not to have
    their cars [Audi TT's] modified, although Audi
    warns that those who don't could face legal
    problems in case of an accident"

 So it looks like a pre-recall TT will still be Stock class legal. >>

Not exactly.  Anyone can choose not to respond to a mandatory recall, it's
not mandated by Federal law (emission issues possibly excepted), but anyone
who chooses not to respond to a mandatory recall that runs in Solo2 Stock
stands the chance of being protested and probably losing the protest.

Due to the potential liability I can't see Audi not making this recall
mandatory, especially after the infamous "I hit the accelerator pedal instead
of the brake, but refuse to admit it" scenario from their not so distant past.

M Sipe